Javier Bardem is an Academy Award-winning Spanish actor who has a net worth of $20 million. Javier Bardem was born and raised into a long line of movie makers. He got into the movie industry since he was a child. Bardem was a child actor and appeared on Spanish television throughout his teen years.
Mar 1, 1969
Las Palmas, Canary Island, Spain
Table of Contents
Javier Bardem Net Worth
With a succesful movie career like his, it’s no surprise that he is worth over $20 million.
He is one of the highest paid Spanish actors. Javier Bardem is fluent in Spanish as well as English and he has appeared in many Hollywood movies as well.
Javier Bardem Biography
Javier Bardem’s full name is Javier Angel Encinas Bardem. Javier Bardem was born on the 1st March 1969 in Spain. His mother, Pilar Bardem was also an actress. Javier Bardem’s father, Jose Carlson Encinas Doussinague was a businessman. After he was born, his parents separated, and he was raised by his single mother. Many family members of Javier Bardem were in the film industry and as a child, he spent a lot of time on film sets and at theatres. Javier Bardem made his first appearance in a film named El Picaro.
But despite his family’s roots in the fim industry, Bardem wanted to pursue a different career. As a child, he was more interested in becoming a painter. As a result, he studied painting for four years at the Escuela de Artes y Oficios located in Madrid. However, Javier Bardem realized that he wasn’t a good painter.
After he decided he would quit painting, he turned towards acting and made a name for himself. Today Javier Bardem is one of the most popular actors of Spain, and Javier Bardem net worth is in millions of dollars. We believe he made the right career choice.
Javier Bardem has played many memorable roles and has won a number of awards.
In 2007, he won the Academy Award for the Best Supporting Actor for his role in the movie No Country For Old Men. With this, he was the first Spanish actor ever that was nominated and who won an Academy Award.
He has also won a BAFTA, a Screen Actors Guild Award, 5 Goya Awards, 2 Volpi Cups at Venice, and a Prize for Best Actor at the Cannes.
Javier Bardem Movies
Javier Bardem earns millions of dollars from his role in movies. Javier Bardem net worth is derived from his movies. Here you will find a list of the 5 highest grossing movies of the career of Javier Bardem.
- Skyfall ($1,108.6 million worldwide earnings): Starring Daniel Craig in the lead role of James Bond, Skyfall (2012) was a very successful James Bond movie. As you can see reflected by the revenues, the movie was a hit with the public. The movie won great reviews from the film critics as well as James Bond fans. Javier Bardem appeared in the movie as Raoul Silva.
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales ($794.9 million worldwide earnings): The Pirates of the Caribbean franchise might be even more popular than the James Bond movie. In this movie, Javier Bardem plays the role of captain Salazar. He plays together with co-star Johnny Depp, who of course played the role of captain Jack Sparrow.
- Eat Pray Love ($204.6 million worldwide earnings): This romantic drama film was released in the year 2010. It had great success at the box office.
- No Country for Old Men ($171.6 million worldwide earnings): A crime thriller movie that came out in the year 2007. This crime thriller film came out in the year 2007. Javier Bardem played the lead role of Anton Chigurh in this movie.
- Vicky Cristina Barcelona ($96.4 million worldwide earnings): This romantic comedy came out in the year 2008. It featured Javier Bardem as Juan Antonio. The movie also featured Scarlett Johansson and Penelope Cruz.
Quotes of Javier Bardem
”You shall love. Whether you like it or not.” – Javier Bardem, about love .
”We live in a world of denial, and we don’t know what the truth is anymore.” – Javier Bardem, about finding truth.
”I enjoy my job as long as I can create a character, otherwise it’s boring.” – Javier Bardem, about creating a character.